Monday, August 1, 2016

Hit the Ground Runnin in Russellville! -August 1st, 2016

Hey everyone! 

My first week in Russellville has been fantastic! Ever since I've gotten here it's been go, go, go and I love it! We have a pretty big and solid pool of investigators that are progressing so we've been able to teach quite a few lessons and have some amazing experiences! 

I've discovered that we do a lot of driving in this area. So there are two districts in this zone and we go to both district meetings each week and they're both about an hour and a half away, plus all the exchanges we'll be doing. We then also go to Birmingham multiple times a week and that's two and a half hours away... so yeah, quite a bit of driving. But that's okay, it's given Elder Diede and I a good chance to get to know each other better pretty early on in the transfer. 

Russellville itself is a smaller city that had a big Hispanic presence. This area is usually worked by two Spanish missionaries but for some reason they sent me here with Elder Diede! So there have been quite a few occasions were we'll be contacting or teaching someone who doesn't speak any English so I just kind of sit there and smile but that's okay. Elder Diede is a fantastic missionary and has a way with Spanish speakers so it's been cool to watch him work. 

It's a smaller ward but one that is very missionary minded and supportive. So I'm very excited to be able to work along side the members here to help bring others to Christ. 

We've also been trying to make our planning as productive as possible. So we've got a packed couple of weeks and also have some big plans for this Zone and this Transfer! We're really excited! 

Other than that, transfer were great. It was good to see a bunch of friends and say goodbye to some older missionaries who taught me a lot at the beginning of my mission. 

Anyways, I hope y'all have a great week and as always, I'll talk to you next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment