Monday, August 22, 2016

Fiesta De Sandia -August 22nd, 2016

Hey everyone! 

We had a fantastic week here in Russellville! 

Like I said last week we had Zone Conference and it was great. Elder Diede and I gave a training which went pretty well too. We also had two exchanges planned around conference and both were fantastic! I went to Florence and also Booneville, Mississippi! I'm so grateful for the opportunities that I have to spend time with so many other missionaries. It blesses me with a ton of amazing experiences and the chance to create relationships with a lot more missionaries.

We also had a great time in our own area! This week we celebrated the Watermelon Festival (the title of this email for all my english speakers). The festival is the biggest thing in Russellville all year and their were hundreds of people there. So of course we attended and contacted anyone who would talk to us! Elder Diede and I are also starting a soccer night so we also handed out a ton of cards that we made for that. We also saw... wait for it.... a 246 pound watermelon!! I know right... that's a big fruit. It took five men to lift it lol I took a picture of some that were in the competition that i'll attach.

They also had a pretty cool car show. It's Alabama so it was mostly muscle cars but it was still cool. Someone brought this interesting "car" that I thought y'all would enjoy haha! Not too unusual here in Alabama...

We also got to attend the wedding of one of our investigators. It was my first time attending a wedding outside of the church and it was really nice. It did give me a massive appreciation for the temple though along with strengthening my testimony of the importance and blessing of eternal marriage along with eternal families. I'm so grateful for the knowledge that I have and the ability that I have to be with my family and future family for time and all eternity rather than till death do us part. 

Well, "that's all I have to say about that" (Forrest Gump voice) haha I'll talk to y'all next week! 

Love you! 








No comments:

Post a Comment