Monday, April 25, 2016

Back to the Basics -April 25th, 2016

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a great week!

I don't want to say our week was normal or average because no week is really normal as a missionary but as far as missionary work goes, it was a pretty normal week haha! But it was still a great week! 

To further explain the topic of this email; Elder Westling and I went without a GPS this week... SO we had to stay mainly around Talladega and just stick with the basics of missionary work. Aka tracting, visiting people, service, and doing what we can without a GPS. I know that to anyone who served a foreign mission or who served over twenty years ago, this is probably going to sound like we're pansies that need GPS BUT when you serve in Alabama, people live in the absolute middle of nowhere in the boonies sometimes and you have to be able to find them so we rely on GPS a little bit... 

Anyways haha! That kind of explains our week! Not a whole ton to report on! 

Just so everyone knows, transfers are next week so we will be receiving a call to find out whats happening this Saturday. So next Monday I'll be sure to let y'all know the news!:) 

This email is going to be pretty short so I thought I'd include a talk that I read recently from this month's Ensign. It teaches us about how we can better recognize and resist the temptations and tricks of the adversary. I loved it and I hope ya'll do as well. 

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2016/04/young-adults/recognizing-satans-counterfeits?lang=eng

Again, I hope that y'all enjoyed that and were able to learn something from it like I did. I know that as we strive to be strong and resist the temptations and tricks of the adversary that He will notice our efforts and bless us with strength and courage!
I hope ya'll have a great week and I'll talk to y'all next Monday! 
Love, 
Elder Honn
Pics: We had a Zone activity this morning and went on a hike to an amazing waterfall in gadsden, Alabama. It was amazing and made me feel like I was in Hawaii again haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment