Monday, April 18, 2016

Another Week of the Lord's Work! -April 18th, 2016

Hey y'all!

Another busy week!

We had interviews at the beginning of the week with President Hanks. His last interview with all of us before he leaves in two months... it's gonna be hard when he leaves. He's done so much for this mission and it will never be the same because of him. I'm sure the new mission President will be amazing as well though!

This week we were able to do a bunch of service and it was awesome! Just to sum it up I learned two things from the service. Pressure washers are a lot of fun and Elder Westling can fix almost anything but only when the Lord is involved haha!

I was also able to go on and exchange with Elder Lee this week! We had a really good time and had some great experiences. Elder Lee is our district leader and he's a fantastic missionary. We taught some really great lessons and spent time with some great people. On Saturday we also had the opportunity to volunteer at the local pound in Sylacauga, which was a lot of fun! This pound is awesome as well, I asked if they ever have to put down any of the animals and they said no, almost all of them get adopted. Which is awesome! Anyways basically Elder Lee and I just cleaned all the dog kennels and whilst doing so, I played with all the dogs and puppies a lot! haha it was a lot of fun! 

Other than that, this week was great!

I saw an awesome picture/quote thing that I thought I'd share with y'all. It's made me rethink and change the way I've been praying, and I really like it. 

Here it is: 
I saw this and really liked it. Lately, I've been thinking about my communication with our Father in Heaven and how at times I can get caught up with just asking for things I want or need help with and not considering what He wants for me. I've implemented this into my prayers this week and I've really felt a difference as I pray and speak to Him about my desires. I'd recommend trying it!

Anyways, that's all I've got! I hope y'all have a great week and I'll talk to you next Monday!

Love,

Elder Honn


No comments:

Post a Comment