Monday, April 11, 2016

Ask the Elder, Round Two! -April 11th, 2016

We meet again! haha what a week... felt super long but now we're here, another Monday, another week ahead of us! Time is just a weird thing... anyways! Getting off track haha... This week, while long, was really good! Elder Westling and I have been continuing our efforts with the less actives in our area and we had a lot of good experiences because it. Not a whole lot of stories that were really worth talking about in my letter this week though so I decided to fulfill my lovely Mother's request and answer some questions again! I hope y'all enjoy!:)


- What has been your biggest challenge this week?
 This past week Elder Westling and I's tiredness kind of caught up to us and hit us like a wall so the main challenge was to find the energy to work our hardest from 6:30 in the morning to 9 at night. But we did it! And we saw many blessings come from our efforts. Another challenge that this last week held was having investigators not keep their commitments. Sadly, this happens quite a lot in missionary work but it just hit us pretty hard this week. But hey, you fail and you try again and that's exactly what we're going to do this week! 

- What has been your biggest concern? 
Lately, I've had a couple concerns. I worry about if our investigators have an actual desire to learn and progress or if they just like having us come over. I worry if they're actually forming and developing their own testimony and are continuing to grow or if their okay with their spiritual complacency. I also worry about if I'm giving my absolute best and working my absolute hardest for the Lord 100 percent of the time or am I at times relaxed and comfortable and not pushing myself as hard as I can. 

- What has been your biggest success?
My biggest success has been developing a true love for the work. Missionary work isn't easy but it's worth it. And when you come to learn and understand that, you start to develop this love for the work that you never would've expected yourself to have. I love everything about my mission. The ups, the downs, the people you become close to, the crazy people you meet and talk to, all of it! I've learned so much in these short eight months and I'm so excited for everything else that I'll be able to experience from the rest of my time in Alabama. 

- Who has been your favorite person this week? Why? 
My favorite person this week has been my companion, The Elder Westling. We've been together for a good minute now and have had so many experiences together and throughout the whole time have gotten a long very well. We work hard, we have a lot of fun, and we support each other through everything we go through. We've learned and grown so much together and I'm grateful for the opportunity that we've had to serve together. 

- What has been your most significant tender mercy?
One of the most significant tender mercy that I've had has been a very strong trust in the Lord that has developed even more while on my mission. It has been one of the biggest blessing because it has made my testimony that much stronger and immovable and has taken away a lot of the worries of day to day life. I trust that when I do my part and keep my life in line with the Saviors teaching that He will do his part and guide my life and manage the things that happen in my life. I've been asked how I'm so relaxed and calm about almost everything and I've realized that it has come from my blessing of having a personal trust in the Lord that everything is in the Lords hands and everything will happen the way it's suppose to. So that's been a pretty significant tender mercy if you ask me:) 

- What are you looking forward to this coming week? 
Everything!! We have a stellar week ahead of us packed with tons of service, lessons, and even interviews with President Hanks! Each week has so many experiences in store for us and I can't wait to attack the week and have those experiences! 


- Which scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
Wow, that's a hard one. Especially just to pick one! I've been studying about faith and in Alma 32 he compares faith to a seed, as most of us know I'm sure. But like I was saying, I've been studying this chapter and I've loved it! I think its amazing how you can still learn new things about something as simple as faith. That's one of the reasons why I love this gospel. No matter how much you study and read the scriptures there will always be more for you to learn. So I challenge all of you to get studying!;) There's a world of knowledge that is just waiting to be obtained. 

Well, I guess that concludes our second game of Ask the Elder haha! I hope y'all enjoyed and were able to learn more about life as a missionary in Alabama. 
I'll include a couple random pictures from our week. I hope y'all enjoyed the pictures from the hike as well! We had a blast all thanks to the Stewarts!

I love y'all and hope each of you have a great week! 

Sincerely,
Elder Honn
Steadfast in Christ! 



The pictures: 
-When you see a random Ford Gt in Talladega...
-When you get bored in the car and start playing with your camera...
-When you hit your year mark and burn a shirt! Elder Senyolo from South Africa was transferred to Anniston a couple weeks ago and he's just too cool! It was a pleasure to be able to be there with him during his year mark!




No comments:

Post a Comment