Monday, February 29, 2016

Monday Again! -February 29th, 2016

Hey everyone!

Dang! This week just flew by!

Such a good week though! Elder Westling and I have still been really focusing on find His lost sheep in the Talladega area. It's brought some really interesting experiences but also some really amazing experiences. All I can say is that I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a missionary and to be able to be a part of the Lord work.

Every once and a while, as a missionary, you'll have that moment in the day when you just stop. It's like an aha moment but as a missionary. You just stop and realize/remember that you're a missionary. You're doing the thing that you've waited your whole life for. Ever since you were a kid, in primary, singing "I hope they call me on a mission"! And sometime it just hits you.

I had one of those moments this week while driving around the boonies of Alabama, hunting for less actives. Wow, I just love it so much. I love being a missionary and being able to serve the Lord!

I also had pretty cool experience on Saturday while we were moving a new member into our branch (which are what the pictures below are of). I saw a lady across the street picking up sticks in her lawn and I had a feeling to go over and offer help. I took a pause from the move and went and introduced myself and asked if she needed help. And holy cow, what happened next threw me off so bad! SHE WAS BRITISH! She started talking and my heart stopped for a couple seconds. I stopped helping her with the sticks and explained my life and how half of my family is from England. She freaked out a little and we had a little spaz out together haha. She's from Plymouth, England and has been in Alabama for about four years. We talked for a pretty long time and I explained how I was a missionary for the LDS church and she explained how she had a couple Mormon friends at the school she works at. She said she's love to have me come back and tell her more about the gospel. She also said I could come by anytime I was missing the accent haha! Talk about an Emmaus Experience! So hopefully we'll be able to go back sometime in the future and start teaching her!

Anyways, there's a couple cool experiences from this past week:)

I hope y'all have an amazing week and I'll talk to you next Monday!

Love,

Elder Honn


No comments:

Post a Comment