Monday, February 15, 2016

Service Softens Stoney Souls -February 15th, 2016

Whats up everyone! 

What a week! 

We've been trying to stay as busy as we can and this week we accomplished that goal. Our week was full of service and teaching! Which are my two favorite things, so you can say we had a pretty good week:)

Elder Westling is just awesome! He's such a great missionary and works really hard. He's also totally hilarious and really fun to be around. We get a long great and I'm really excited for the rest of this transfer and all the experiences we'll have together. 

As the subject of this letter says "service softens stony souls" this is a quote that President Hanks says a lot and I really love it. We also had many experiences this past week that proved that this saying is very true! 

Throughout the week, as we gave service, we saw the people who we were serving open up to us even more. And as they opened up to us, it gave the spirit a chance to touch their hearts. It's an amazing thing to see, how something as small as raking leaves or baking cookies for someone can help soften stony souls and create an opportunity for the spirit to touch them and help them draw closer to Christ. I challenge everyone to take some time and serve someone around you, whether you know them or not, whether they know about it or not, just serve someone. And I guarantee that the results from your service, love, and selflessness will be amazing to see. And that you will also be blessed in your own life for turning your arrows outward and focusing more on others. 

Obviously this isn't something that I'm perfect at either but I'm definitely trying to become better at instinctively serving all those around me! I'm very grateful for all the excellent examples of people, who constantly are giving selfless service, in my life. 

This week was also valentines day.... and if it weren't for my family I wouldn't have even brought it up! Obviously cause I'm a missionary and Valentines day just makes you trunky so you try not to think or talk about it haha but I just had to give my amazing family a shout out and express my gratitude and love for them. They do so much for me and I can't express how much I appreciate it. I mean, you know the love is real when your family takes the time to pack a box full of candy, food, treats, some other random stuff, and even fit a balloon in the box as well haha! Ya ll are just the best! 

Anyways, sorry there are no pics... I promise to try to be better this week at taking some for y'all! We've just been so busy and it's hard to remember... but I promise to work on it! 

I hope you all have a great week! I'll talk to you next Monday! 

Love,

Elder Honn

No comments:

Post a Comment