Monday, February 8, 2016

Missionaries in a Parade! -February 8th, 2016

Hey y'all!

This week was good but pretty different. We had transfers without a transfer meeting so that was pretty weird... but it was still awesome cause I got to see some of the Elders I'm close to! I also said goodbye to Shurtz and got Elder Westling!

Elder Westling is great! He's from a small town in Utah (4th companion from Utah...). He's really enthusiastic about the work and has a burning testimony. On the drive home he was very open with me and shared his conversion story and bore testimony to me. The spirit was so strong and his story truly touched me. He's become such an amazing missionary over the course of his year and a half served and I can't wait for all the experiences we'll be able to have together this transfer.

Funny little story that happened on Saturday. Our District was in a parade in Talladega haha! It was so much fun! We just sat in the back of a truck and threw candy and random stuff out to people and families on the streets of Talladega. We also threw a bunch of mormon.org cards out as well so it was great! Everyone loved us and would say stuff like "God bless" and what not.

Saturday was also my six month mark so that's cool! haha to be honest I totally forgot about it and then remembered on Sunday when someone asked me how long I had been out. I'd like to thank everyone for all the support and love I've been shown this past six months. It means the world to me! I love all of you so much! It's been a truly amazing six months and I absolutely can't wait for the rest of the amazing experiences I'll be able to have during the next year and a half.

Sorry, this email is pretty short but we have to drive down to Birmingham to pick up a car today so we're a little rushed. I'll talk to you all next week though!

Oh yeah, happy Valentines day too! Love you guys so much!❤

Elder Honn

No comments:

Post a Comment