Monday, December 28, 2015

The Holidays! Plus Tornadoes... -December 28th, 2015

Hey guys!

How was everyone's Christmas? I hope you all had an amazing week:)

My whole week was awesome! The Christmas spirit was real and we were able to do some really good work; visiting/finding less actives, teaching lessons, and doing some awesome contacting. 

Christmas Eve and Christmas day were a whole lot of fun too. It didn't really feel like the regular Christmas I'm used to but it was still really great! Christmas Eve we spent most of the day with a couple less active families and finished the night having a lot of fun at a members. We had an awesome dinner, played some fun games, then re-enacted the Nativity with their whole family. The elders were wise men (of course) and had one part haha! It was a lot of fun though and we ended the night singing some Christmas songs. 

We stayed with some other elders that night and set up some lights and our humble Christmas tree on top of a trash can covered with a white blanket. I'll include a picture, it was pretty cute. 

In the morning we woke up and took turns opening all our presents and packages. It was a lot of fun and we had a really good morning. After that Elder Shurtz and I headed to a lunch appointment we had where I had the immense opportunity to talk to my amazing family;) That was awesome! It was so cool getting to spend time with y'all and get caught up. I love y'all! After that we went over to another members home and ate some amazing lasagna plus some fantastic dessert. 

The rest of the week was pretty busy too which was great. 

Oh yeah, something I forgot to tell y'all about Talladega. The Helen Keller School for the Blind and Deaf is actually right down the road from where we live! So there are quite a few deaf people and people that know sign language around this area. So I've actually been able to practice and try out the sign language I learned from school! It's pretty rusty but it's coming along! There's even a deaf foreign exchange student from Africa staying with a family in our Branch. He's sixteen and we've been hanging out with him a lot and I've been able to try to speak to him in my broken ASL haha! It's been really cool though! 

Haha oh yeah, like the title of this email says, this whole week has been filled with tornadoes down here in Alabama. The warnings started at the beginning of last week and are actually still going. There was an 80% chance at the beginning of last week and it's been continually going down. A couple hit some areas around Alabama but none have been super close to Talladega so we've been safe so far! On Christmas Eve the warnings were pretty high and we were staying with some other Elders so we setup our "safe room" in the laundry room downstairs (they didn't have a bath tub downstairs so we had to improvise). One of the Elders we were with, his name is Elder Svenson (from Canada), he's hilarious and the whole time we were getting everything ready he was running around screaming "The Tomato is coming!" I honestly don't know why I found this so funny but I was dying!

Anyways, we've got a busy week planned ahead of us and I hope y'all have an awesome week too! And a Happy New years!

I'll talk to y'all next week:)

Love, 

Elder Honn
Steadfast in Christ

Pretty bad picture quality.... but this was our Christmas setup!








No comments:

Post a Comment