Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Festivities! -December 14th, 2015

Hey guys! 

This week was pretty busy! 

We started off by having our mission Christmas party on Wednesday. It was awesome! First we had a Christmas devotional by President and Sister Hanks. It was amazing and the spirit was so strong. After that we had an awesome Christmas dinner filled with ham, steak, mashed potatoes, and a bunch of other great stuff! We then had a talent show haha! It actually was filled with a bunch of awesome talent and was so much fun! Then after our talent show we got to watch a regular movie! It's a tradition in this mission that during the Christmas party each year, we get to watch a regular movie all together. Last year they all watched Frozen and this year we watched Big Hero Six! Everybody loved it, especially the sisters. I had already seen it but it was still fun to watch again. 

Then for the next couple of days we were working at the annual Huntsville Christmas Festival! The festival is ran by the church and has gotten very popular throughout the years. People from all over come to this festival, member and non-member, to experience the festivities. The festival consists of an amazing concert, a live nativity, a display of Christmas trees and display nativities, and a Christmas video. It's such an awesome holiday activity and is really good exposure for the church. So basically we were just there helping out in any way and talking to everybody. We weren't allowed to proselyte, which is okay, so we basically just went around talking to everybody for hours on end haha! It was a lot of fun and I loved it! The spirit was and has been so strong this whole week! 

So basically our whole week was filled with the spirit of Christmas and I loved it! 

Then a couple days ago we got transfer calls! Let me start out by saying that this past couple months have been amazing in Monte Sano/Huntsville and I've drawn so close to so many people here. My first area and it has felt like home since I've gotten here. Sadly though, I will be leaving this Wednesday and am being transferred to somewhere else in Alabama! So Sunday was filled with goodbyes to a lot of people that I have grown close to. I'm kind of torn to be honest! I'm sad to be leaving and sad that I don't get to spend Christmas in Huntsville with people that I'm close to but I'm also so excited to experience a new area of Alabama and meet a bunch of new people and missionaries! It will be a new experience that's for sure! 

Shout out to my Momma for waiting all day to hear about whether I'm leaving or not haha:) I kept her waiting for this email and she was a trooper!

Anyways, I'm excited for all the new experiences this week has to hold! I'll probably shoot y'all a quick email in the middle of the week to let you know my new address and where I'll be serving. 

Until next week and Happy Holidays! 

Love,
Elder Honn



Pic: A birthday party with some of the elders for our zone leader, Elder Faustin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment