Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas From Alabama!! -December 21st, 2015

Hey everyone! Merry Christmas week! 

This past week has been very busy! As my mini email a couple of days ago said, I have been transferred to Talladega, Alabama! Which is down south by Birmingham. So far it's been a lot of fun and we've already had some amazing experiences and seen success. 

My new companion is Elder Shurtz. He's from Orem, Utah and has about four months left in his mission. He's awesome and we actually have a lot in common. We're really close already and it's only been less than a week! This is going to be an awesome transfer.

So a little bit more about Talladega. We are actually in a branch and there are maybe 40 people that actually come to church. There are a lot of less active people but the members that do come are really awesome and supportive of the missionaries. 

Talladega is kind of a dying city. A while back it was a pretty popular city but over time it's just become pretty run down for random reasons. We cover quite a lot of country, a couple cities, and quite a lot of projects. So a pretty wide variety of people as you can imagine! 

I'll also have a lot more basketball to play here too, which is just amazing. Haha this morning three other elders and I woke up at 4:30 to drive down to Birmingham to play basketball with some other missionaries at a baptist church. I was thinking we'd just play around and stuff but this was the biggest church I have ever seen. The courts were the size of the YMCA courts and it was serious competition. Haha the six of us were the only white guys there too so it was pretty funny. But like I said the competition was real! There were multiple guys who played college, and even one who played in the NBA for a couple years. I'm pretty out of practice so it took me a while to adjust to the competition but it was so much fun!

Oh yeah, I have been absolutely loving the 12 days of Christmas y'all did for me. And can I just say how much I appreciated the Christmas tree from everyone. It was very touching and definitely made me feel loved. Y'all don't understand how much that meant to me. The presents have also been a lot of fun to open up every day, my family are just so creative!
I'll attach a picture of the tree in my new house:)
I'll also attach a picture of our mini house that we stay in here in Talladega. 

Also, as far as talking this Christmas goes, I'm pretty sure that google hangout will work. I'll just have to figure out how to set it up and make sure it works. I will do that and also find out exactly what time I will be on and I will let you guys know within the next couple days:) I cant wait! 


I'm still learning more and more each day and my testimony of this church continues to grow. I absolutely love this church with all my heart and I know it is the true church of Jesus Christ. And no matter how many people argue or disagree with me day to day, my testimony is unmovable. I love being able to serve the Lord all day everyday and I know that there is nothing else that would be better for me to be doing at this time in my life. 

I love each one of you so much and hope you all have an amazing Christmas week!

Love,

Elder Honn

haha a couple more pictures! This was at our branch Christmas party this last week. A kid won a package of stick on mustaches and wanted us to wear them with him. It was hilarious and we had a pretty good time with it:) I was German and Elder Shurtz was Hispanic! Haha the sisters even joined in on the fun too!




No comments:

Post a Comment