Tuesday, January 5, 2016

The Best Way to Spend New Years Eve -January 5th, 2016

Hey everyone!

I hope y'all had a great week and Happy New Years! I hope everyone had a fun night and was able to stay safe.

My New Years Eve was amazing. We had a baptism on New Years Eve at midnight! It was such an awesome experience. His name is Brother Anderson and he has been investigating the Church for a while and finally decided to get baptized. He wanted it to be special and unusual so he chose to do it new years eve. And what better way to start fresh than being reborn on New Years Eve, right?
So the service started at 11:30 and he was baptized at 11:55. The spirit was so strong the entire time and he and his family were so happy and were just glowing the whole night.

I only taught him once so I had nothing to do with it and was transferred here when he already had a baptismal date but it was a huge privilege and blessing to be able to be part of such a beautiful thing. And to be able to witness someone taking such a major step in their life to come closer to Christ.

On Sunday, I was also able to stand in on the circle and confirm him a member of the Church and give him the blessing of the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was all just such an amazing experience and I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to participate in it all.

This church is SO true. It's amazing how much happiness, joy, and comfort the gospel brings into peoples lives. It's such a beautiful thing.

Other than that, our week was really good. We've been able to stay busy and have had the blessing of being able to teach quite a few people! Talladega is awesome and I'm loving every minute spent in this area. There as so many good people here!

Anyways, sorry this email wasn't the longest but I don't have a whole lot of time today. I hope y'all have a great week though and I'll talk to you next Monday!
Love,

Elder Honn

Pics: Good ole Alabama sunsets! And Elder Shurtz and I rocking the 2016 glasses! haha that picture was taken at like 1:30 in the morning so we were deep in the durp zone!

I'm also waiting on someone to send me the pictures from the baptism so I'll get those to y'all as soon as i get them!:)



No comments:

Post a Comment