Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Walk. Sweat. Bike. Sweat. Stand still. Sweat. -May 23rd, 2017

Hey everyone! I hope y'all had a great week! My week.. was a week, that's for sure haha 

Tuesday was spent packing all of my belonging back up and cleaning the apartment, fun stuff:) Then Wednesday was transfers, where I was reunited with Elder Butterfield! It's cool to be back together again. The rest of the week was just spent grinding! When I got here I found out that it's a very similar situation to Gadsden... The elders were recently doubled into the area and for the past two transfers have just been tracting and haven't found any success... So I'm trying to do the same thing that was done in Gadsden and try my hardest to get this area going again in six weeks

Tuscaloosa is an awesome city though! The support for their school is crazy. The campus is massive and you can tell it's a pretty wealthy school. There are TONS of college students and it's a pretty fun atmosphere. Elder Butterfield and I do not have a car though and we live like four miles from the city so we walk and bike all day hahah and its been seriously humid and starting to get really hot as well which means that we sweat all day also! It's fantastic. For real though... I'm actually grateful that I get to experience this side of missionary work; the physically difficult side. I've been so blessed to have a car throughout most of my mission, especially in the summer, and I'm glad that I'm able to have this experience and be able to learn and grow from it. I'll include a pic of sweaty Honn after an uphill bike ride:) I'll have some serious quads by the end of this haha 

Other than that, I don't have a ton to report on! The work is going here in Tuscaloosa, just very slowly so far haha oh yeah! We went and visited Noccalula falls on Monday after I talked to y'all last week. It was my second time going there but it was still beautiful! I'll throw in some pics of that too:) 

Well, I hope you all have a lovely week and I'll talk to you again real soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment