Monday, April 3, 2017

The Time Has Finally Come... -April 3rd, 2017

....That Elder Honn leaves Prattville.... that's right! I received my transfer news and after 7 1/2 amazing months in this area I'm packing up and heading North. I am being transferred to the Gadsden area which is about an hour north of Talladega, an old area of mine! 

I'm so very grateful for this area and the fantastic people that I've been able to meet and develop relationship with. I've had so many amazing experiences that have have taught me so much and helped my testimony increase even stronger. 

As always, it's a mix of emotions because I'm sad to be leaving but I'm really excited for a new adventure in a new area! I've heard a lot of good things about Gadsden and I look forward to working there. 95% sure it will be my last area so I'm planning to give it everything I've got. I'm going to work my hardest for these last two transfer and leave with no regrets of how I finished my mission. I promise that I will sprint through the finish line! 

Other than that, this past week has been good! Like i said last Monday, we had a lot going on. Interviews were good. The district meetings were good. And MLC was good as well! This week we have Zone Training tomorrow, then transfers the very next day... It's going to be a crazy few days doing all that and also fitting in goodbyes but I'm looking forward to all of it.

I loved conference as well! One of my favorite talks that I thought I'd mention is Elder Bednars that he gave in Priesthood session. I'll include the link and let y'all watch it for yourselves:) 


I loved it because he taught something that a little over two years ago, I was struggling with myself. And i think a lot of missionaries preparing to go on missions struggle with as well. I testify of what Elder Bednar teaches though... that while we are called to a specific place, our main calling is to serve. Regardless of where. I wish I would've heard this talk back in the summer of 2015 when myself and everyone around me was receiving mission calls. Luckily, I learned this for myself but I hope that his talk can touch the hearts of any young men preparing to serve. 

That's all I've got for y'all this week! I love you and I'll talk to you again next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment