Monday, March 20, 2017

"True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior." -March 20th, 2017

Hey everyone! Don't have too much time today and not much happened this week worth talking about so I just wanted to share a thought:) 

Something that I've made my focus these last few weeks is making sure that I fully understand our church doctrine so that the Lord can change me as much as He can in this life. 

The quote from my subject line is from Boyd K Packer and goes on to say:

“The study of the doctrines of the gospel will
improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior
will improve behavior. … That is why we stress so
forcefully the study of the doctrines of the gospel”

As I've been in Alabama serving the Lord, I've noticed this in my life and in the lives of others. I've also seen when people made changes by themselves and didn't fully understand the doctrine and ended up reverting back to their old ways... and nothing is harder to watch to watch than just that. So! I challenge all of you to study the basics! Just because they're the basics of our beliefs doesn't mean we don't continue to learn from them. 

Here's a link to the rest of the talk which I hope you'll all watch or study:) 


Now if you're wondering what true doctrine is and how we find it... I've got a talk for that too! haha 


I probably don't say this enough but... thank you! Thank you for the love and for the support that y'all have showed me this whole time that I've been away. All the cards, emails, packages.... I appreciate them all so much! I have an amazing family and great friends and don't know what I would do without y'all!

I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you again soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment