Monday, March 6, 2017

Aloha! -March 6th, 2017

Hello again! 

This past week was another MLC/ Zone training week! 

MLC was great! We were there for most the day then got stuck in Birmingham traffic so we didn't get back till late. We went straight to basketball and had a great time! 

The next day was spent planning Zone training. This had to have been the most i've ever planned and prepared for a meeting. We wanted to really hit home with our theme of Ohana and we went all out. I'm talking leis, tikis, hawaiian music, and even a beta fish as our mascot! (don't worry, the senior couple is taking care of it because we're not allowed to haha) but anyways it turned out to be a great meeting that the whole zone loved. I'll attach a pic of post zone training five guys! 

The rest of the week was spent doing all we could to move this work forward in Prattville. We were able to set a baptismal date with a really cool kid that we've been teaching named Dee. We actually met him and got to know him through basketball and a less active boy that's his best friend! We're pretty excited for him if y'all could keep him in your prayers! 

Elder Matthews and I are having a great time! He's such a fantastic missionary. Always wanting to be perfectly obedient and work his hardest. He keeps me laughing non stop too so it's been a lot of fun. He's teaching me a lot as well. He has a great understanding and knowledge of the doctrine of our church and it's been a blessing to serve with him already. 

Today I was shown an amazing video about the First Vision that I thought I would include for anyone who hasn't been able to see it yet. It's so powerful and I felt the spirit very strongly as I watched it and promise that you will as well. 


I know and testify that Joseph Smith was and is a true Prophet. He truly was visited by Heavenly and his son Jesus Christ and given the sacred responsibility of restoring the True and Living Church back onto the earth today! And what a blessing it is for us to have the fullness of the gospel in our lives! 

I love you all and am so grateful to have each of you in my life and for all the love and support you constantly show me! I hope you each have a great week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment