Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy Halloween! -November 1st, 2016

“Mommy, everyone says I look like a werewolf.”
“Please be quiet and comb your face.”

Haha hey everyone! I thought I'd start with this funny quote in light of today. I hope you all got a good giggle out of it!

Elder Opare and I have had yet another good week in P-ville! We're trying to work our hardest together so that he can finish his mission as strongly as possible. It's pretty strange being with someone who's going home soon... it's made me realize how quickly it goes and how I need to make sure to always be giving it my 100% effort because before I know it, I'll be boarding a plane and heading out. 

This week we were able to go to quite a few areas in our zone. On Tuesday we were in Wetumpka for a District meeting. Then on Wednesday we drove all the way to Alex City to give the sisters there some media. It was a long drive but a beautiful road so it was good! 

The weather here is just playing with all of us. One day it will be chilly and perfect for a jacket then the next day it will be right back up to mid 90's... Mother nature is trying to give us all whiplash, I guess! Hopefully it starts to cool down soon. 

We had a pretty good weekend as well. We play soccer every Saturday morning with members and investigators and this week we had a great turnout! Over twenty people came so it was a ton of fun. We also had the ward trunk or treat on Friday. Elder Opare and I went as... wait for it... Salt and Pepper! haha everyone thought it was hilarious and we had to pose for quite a few pictures. I'll attach one below. We also used the things that y'all sent to decorate our trunk and we handed out candy with the sisters. I'll attach a pic of that also. It was a ton of fun! Wouldn't have been possible without the stuff from my package either so thanks a ton. 

I think that's all I've really got for this week! I hope you all have a great Halloween and a good rest of the week as well. Love y'all! 

Pics:

1. Elder Opare and I met and have started to teach Goliath! He's progressing well and really wants to be baptized. We're just trying to find a font big enough;) 

2. The Waters of Alabama! Mosiah 18:30

3. Salt and Pepper:) 

4. And our Spooky trunk! 





No comments:

Post a Comment