Monday, June 20, 2016

The Comfort This Gospel Brings -June 20th 2016

Hey guys, 

What a week! I don't think I've ever had a week like this, in my whole life... 

So as you all know, on Wednesday I was sent to a new area. I arrived in Clanton and went right to my bed... I don't know exactly what it was but I was out for all of Thursday and Friday as well. The only thing I can think of to describe it was some form of flu... BUT I'm feeling a lot better now and so is Elder Stuart. (I gave it to him pretty quickly so we were able to suffer together lol) 

Speaking of Elder Stuart, he's awesome! He's from Utah (Yes, another one from Utah) and he's a car genius! He worked in a mechanics shop with his dad and is a car addict, so we've had a lot to talk about! He's really funny as well so this transfer should be a lot of fun. 

So as far as telling you about this area, I don't know a whole lot yet! Obviously, Clanton is big into peaches and their having a peach festival this week so that should be fun! Um it's pretty small townish. Our branch has about thirty or so active members and is full of very interesting people haha! Sunday was pretty entertaining... 

Random thought but for those of you keeping track, this is my fourth area and my eighth companion. Pretty high stats for someone who hasn't even been out a year yet! 

I don't have a whole lot more to tell y'all about but to finish I wanted to bear my testimony to anyone who needs it at this time. 

I KNOW this Church is true. A commonly used phrase, especially in this church, but it is one that reigns true in my heart. The comfort and peace that it has brought me, especially this past week, has been a massive blessing. I know that death in this life isn't the end. Because Christ died for us, we all can and will live again.

Christ loves each and every one of us, endlessly and unconditionally. That's why He provided us with such a flawless plan. Our Fathers plan for us, known as the Plan of Happiness, teaches us exactly what he wants most for us; happiness! And that's exactly what His plan entails. If we but follow Him and His Son, we will be happy. We may, no will, experience trials and hard times but in the end, everything will end in peace, comfort, and happiness. I know that EVERYTHING is in His hands, He is the Supreme Creator and Ruler of this earth and I know that everything that happens, happens for a reason and is part of His plan for each one of us. I promise that, if during times of difficulty and pain, we turn to the Savior and take His always outstretched hand he will ease the burdens that have been placed upon our shoulders.

I know that because of temples, we can be sealed to our families for time and all eternity and not only that but we can give other people that opportunity as well, a long with many more opportunities. I'm so immensely grateful for the blessing that I've had to be brought up in this gospel and be raised with so many amazing influences around me. I'm very grateful for my whole family, for all being such good examples to me and always doing so much for me. I love them more than words can describe and am eternally grateful that I get to spend the eternities with them. 

I love each and every one of you very much and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment