Monday, June 13, 2016

Elder Honn A.K.A. The Closer -June 13th, 2016

Howdy y'all! 

We've had quite the week here in Bessemer! 

Elder Prestwich and I had a great week! We wanted to finish out the transfer as strongly as we could and finish on a high note! We had some amazing experiences and definitely saw the Lords hand in our work this week. 

Then on Saturday we received some pretty shocking news that neither of us were expecting! Elder Prestwich and I will both be leaving! Elders are being taken out of the Bessemer area for the time being. Why? Because we have too many missionaries going home and not enough coming out, so we don't have enough missionaries in our mission to have four in one area at this point in time. 

So where will the dynamic duo be going you ask? Elder Prestwich will be going to the middle of nowhere Red Bay, Alabama which is right next to Mississippi and he's going to kill it there. Yours truly will be heading down south to Clanton which is closer to Montgomery. All I've heard about it is that it's a pretty country place (hence the first line of this email) and that they have great peaches! Elder Anderson (my trainer) also served there and told me that he got most of his mission stories from this area... So I'm excited for all it has to hold! 

It's a hard thing to do though, closing an area. Emotional hard anyways. When the ward or branch loves the missionaries so much and you are the one to tell them that they won't have Elders for the time being, there's a lot of emotions and questions that come your way. To be honest, it's been hard on the ole' heart strings! I have a love for these people that I've come to know in Bessemer and it's been sad to break the news to them and see their disappointment. It was the same if not harder with closing Talladega. But again, I know that this is what the Lord wants to happen. Even if it's a hard pill to swallow, it's all in the Lords hands

I was talking to some Elders and telling them about closing my last two areas and they called me The Closer, so there's the explanation for the title of this weeks letter! 

Anyways, I'm very excited for this week and all the new experiences I'll have and people I'll be able to meet!

I'll try to hop on sometime in the week to let y'all know my new address! 

I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you real soon! 

p.s. I'll include a couple pictures from this past week. The first is with Elder Littleford, who will be going home this week. Gonna miss him! And the other is of another beautiful 'Bama sunset! 

Love y'all!

Elder Honn







No comments:

Post a Comment