Monday, October 5, 2015

Conference and Congestion -October 5th, 2015

Haha I'm pretty proud about coming up with the subject for this email;)

Anyways! Whats up! How was everyone's week? Mine was interesting..to say the least. Here in Huntsville we enjoyed a very rainy and cloudy week. Which I personally loved and would prefer over a scorching hot day any time! 

It was a hard week though. Nothing throughout the week seemed to go our way. All of our appointments cancelled, everyone we tried to talk to wasn't really interested in the gospel and all of our missionary efforts were just not working. We were pretty discouraged. And to top it all off I got pretty sick on Thursday...(hence the title of this email) and thankfully am just starting to get better haha but then, after the rainy and discouraging week comes the massive light and testimony builder of General Conference!! What an amazing thing and what a blessing it is for all of us to be able to listen to the words of the living Prophets and hear personalized counsel for our generation and our lives. I don't know about y'all but conference was exactly the spiritual lift that I needed this week! 

One of my favorite talks was the talk by Larry R. Lawrence. So awesome! Something he talked about, that was exactly what I needed to hear, was asking the Lord "What do I need to improve/work on?". I think its so easy for us to, at times, just shift into neutral and not focus on constant spiritual growth. And the idea of constantly asking the Lord what you should work on next is so awesome to me! Its such a great way to be spiritually proactive. And something that I personally will definitely be incorporating into my life as a missionary and after my mission, so that I may constantly be growing and progressing into the man that He wants me to be. 

I challenge you all to incorporate this into your life as well! Your spirituality and testimony is like a muscle, if you don't use it then you will slowly lose it! Another saying that I love and have used a lot while I've been out is "there is no growth in comfort". Which means that if we're comfortable in our situation and spirituality then we need to reevaluate our lives/situations and make the change to constantly be uncomfortable and growing! I have a huge testimony of the growth that comes from discomfort, which sounds weird but is so true! haha 

I also have a testimony of the importance of living day Prophets and heeding their counsel. These men are truly called of God and the lessons that they teach are directly meant to lead and guide us in our lives. If we let them, the light and comfort that their words can bring will bless our lives immensely. And, while a small example, their words and counsel was a massive light at the end of a hard and discouraging week for me.

This church is true! This is Christ's church restored on the earth today and I love it with all my heart. 

I hope you all have a great week, and I'll see ya'll next Monday:)

Sincerely,
Elder Honn


Here's a pic of the Birmingham temple from our trip a couple weeks ago and also a pic of our lovely apartments! I'll also send another email with a pic of our car (which we recently named Lilly) and the basketball court inside our chapel. The last two pictures were kind of random but I felt bad because I promised more pictures last week and totally forgot so I ran around and took some pictures of some things in my life this morning haha:)





No comments:

Post a Comment