Monday, October 19, 2015

Slow, Slow Week -October 19th, 2015

Whats up?! How has everyone been?


Like the title says, this week went by so slowly! Its probably because we were stuck in the apartment for a bunch of the time because of my annoying ankle... I think the Lord was just letting me practice my patience and learn that everything is on his timetable and not mine, which is so very true. Even though this week was slow we still had an experience that I'll share for this weeks email. 

While I've been in Alabama, we've befriended a worker at the local CVS (kinda like a Walgreen's) named Sam. This whole time though she had some other missionaries teaching her and her boyfriend. So we just took the times we saw her as times to get to know Sam and be her friend. This last couple of weeks though, some stuff happened with the other missionaries and her and her boyfriend asked us if we would start coming over instead and start teaching them! This was so crazy and probably wouldn't have happened if we hadn't been able to be her friend first and gain her trust. We were able to actually go to her house yesterday and teach both her and her boyfriend and get to know them. The missionaries prior connected more to her boyfriend than to Sam but during our lesson she told us how much our message touched her and she was practically in tears. It was super spiritual and I know that it wouldn't have been able to happen if the lord hadn't provided a way for us to have a relationship with Sam first before teaching her. We're going to continue to teach them every Sunday and I can't wait to see where this goes! 
I know that the Lord has a plan for each and every one of us and that everything that happens is on his timetable.

I hope you all have a great week and I'll talk to you next Monday!

Sincerely,
Elder Honn


Here's a pic of the view of our area at the top of Monte Sano Mountain at sunset, so beautiful! And also a picture of what we were doing this last week or so... ( icing/resting my foot in our apartment).



A couple days ago I was able to ditch the boot and move to a smaller ankle brace from back home. Its been so nice not having to lug that huge thing around! I really feel for you dad and I don't think I could have done it for as long as you did! It's been getting better and better and therapy has really helped. Heres a picture of the bruising and swelling.




No comments:

Post a Comment