Monday, May 23, 2016

This week was jam packed! Like strawberry jam... -May 23rd, 2016

Mmm strawberry jam...

(that's what you get when you can't think of a creative subject and just type whatever comes to your mind)

Haha anyways... hey everyone! 

What a week!

First, I had an experience that I thought I'd share with y'all. During this experience I learned a lot about the spirit and how it works in my life. For the past two weeks I had been praying and fasting to know what to do for this past weeks district meeting. I had studied everything I could think of and thought about it for hours, but nothing was coming. Nothing felt right. Then the night before, I had two topics come to mind that I could train on. I started studying those topics but got no where, with either one. I couldn't figure out more than just the topics! I started worrying a little, having it be the night before district meeting and having nothing. I said one last prayer that night that everything would work out the way the Lord wanted it to. I felt so much peace come over me and all of my worries left! The next morning, I was in the shower and I had a feeling of what I should do. I was a little hesitant at first but rolled with it. I realized that I had done my part and I knew that the Lord would do His part as well and take the meeting where it was meant to go. 

The meeting came and it was amazing. The spirit was there from the second we started and I'm SO grateful for that. By no doing of my own, we had some amazing discussions and were able to all learn and grow together. All I did was start a discussion and the spirit took it and ran with it. I'm so grateful for the Elders and Sisters in this district for being such fantastic missionaries and for the spirit that they carry with them. Because everyone there was in tune with the spirit we were able to have an amazing meeting and I was able to learn so much from it. 

This past week in a conference call with all the missionaries, the assistants talked about pushing to the very end and trusting in the Lord to lift us, even at the last moment. It was an amazing experience to have, that strengthened my testimony so much of that. The Lord waited until the morning of the meeting to give me an idea and then took full control of the situation. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have to be a full time servant of the Lord and draw closer to Him everyday. There's nothing else that I would rather be doing at this time in my life. 

Anyways, that wasn't even the main blessing of the week! We also had the immense blessing to participate in Nickie's baptism on Saturday. This whole process has been the most wonderful experience! She and her family are so prepared, more than almost anyone I've met during my mission. Everything just makes sense to them and they've loved it all! Their kids are more excited for church each Sunday than any kid I've ever met in my life haha! I'm so grateful to be able to have been here for them at this time and be used by the Lord to help them make the steps to draw closer to Him. This gospel is the most amazing thing and being able to watch it change peoples lives has been remarkable.

So thank you so much to anyone who kept their family in your prayers. And please don't stop! As we know, the road to full conversion doesn't end when we enter the waters of baptism. And as missionaries, we're not just trying to get as many people in the font as we can. We want them to develop and grow their own testimony. We want them to know for themselves that this is THE true church of Christ, the same that he set up during his earthly ministry. Along with everything else that we know to be true about this Church. 

So as you can tell, this past week was pretty amazing! And this coming week is fixin' to be pretty amazing as well. So I've gotta get going! We've got work to do!

I'll include a couple pictures. One is of Nickie's baptism and the other is from our zone training a couple of weeks ago! Hope y'all enjoy:) 

Love you all so much! 





No comments:

Post a Comment