Monday, November 16, 2015

Starting Fresh -November 16th, 2015

Hey everyone! I hope y'all had a good week!


Mine was pretty busy and we had a lot going on. On Wednesday we drove down to Birmingham for transfer meeting. It was a great meeting and I received my new companion! His name is Elder Larson, and he's from Colorado! He enjoys long walks on the beach and getting caught in the rain...haha nah just messing! He's actually a super smart kid and loves computers. He's more on the quiet side (polar opposite of my previous companion haha) but he can do this awesome British accent that is one of the best I've ever heard! Because he's a bit more on the quiet side, its given me the opportunity to take the lead quite a bit more than I was expecting, so its been an adjustment that's for sure! 

Because of the business of covering two areas last transfer, we didn't have a whole ton of investigators in Monte Sano so we've pretty much decided to just start fresh. Which means tracting and store contacting and a whole lot of it! Fun stuff! 

It's starting to get colder here in Alabama, and let me tell you, the humidity makes it feel soooo much colder than it actually is. It was only 30 degrees one night while we were tracting and I was wanting to die... So basically, I'm currently very grateful that we have a car in our area and don't have to bike! Cause dang, that would be rough! This winter is also suppose to be one of the coldest in a looong time... so we'll see how that goes haha! I also heard that it snowed in Idaho already! That's just crazy... Maybe y'all will get to have a white Christmas! That would be pretty awesome. 

My message for you all this week comes from Proverbs 3:5-6, and I won't quote it so that you all have to go read it in your scriptures;) If you don't already know it... But I challenge you all to read it and try to apply it as much as you can into your daily lives. When we do apply it in our lives, it truly gives us so much peace and comfort. And already in my mission, i've been able to apply the principle in my work and it truly does bless our lives immensely. Especially in an ever changing world, where so many horrible things are happening, the principle taught in these verses will bring happiness and light into your life. 

I love you all and know that you're all in my prayers. 
Talk to y'all next week! 

Love,
Elder Honn


This picture is of a street sign that I've been meaning to take a picture with since I got here. Ladies and gents, I give you England Street, Alabama haha! In this picture we have my three homes represented! I'm wearing this awesome Boise state sweat shirt that I found at Unclaimed Baggage, obviously the street sign representing England, and it's all in my current home which is Alabama! It just all worked out so perfectly:)




  

No comments:

Post a Comment